Monday, January 25, 2010

This weeks plans

The plans for the week will be find me a couple of 55 gallon empty drums to make a couple of UDS(ugly drum smokers). Gonna try these smokers as I have heard these are the bomb for cheap smokers (we'll see). I also plan on finally getting together with my judge friend and going to see the 250 trailer smoker he has. I am also going to be getting in touch with the Health Dept. to look into the catering end of the business. May as well make some money doing what we love. Got a few orders from work to fill but nothing to big or detailed. We received our invitation for the upcoming GBA event in Dublin GA for St.Pattys day, we will prob judge as we are no where ready to compete yet but working on it. I have cooked twice in the past two weeks and have not been happy with either result. If I have learned anything it's that the meat will be done when it's done. I will be cooking a pork loin on Wednesday and it will be done when it's done.Tired of bad results but we all go through this when trying new stuff. See you guys tomorrow Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment